Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

My last X amount of days, according to Instagram


  1. Despite my 3-day workweeks, I have caught on to an addiction to being cancelled from work.  There are a few things I know that are better than that 5 am wake-up call from the hospital's staffing office, letting me know that, no, I don't have to come into work that day.  Because I feel as if I've been given another free day to do whatever I want, I always feel a celebration is necessary.  This picture is from one of those days, beginning with brunch at Imig's, a cafe inside El Cajon's Lafayette Hotel.
  2. I am so incredibly spoiled by Southern California that I am guaranteed to start whining about the weather whenever it reaches the 60s.  My antidote: cook a big pot of sirloin beef chili.  Not pictured is the creamed corn cornbread baking in the oven below.
  3. Coffee at The Mission on University Ave.  This is my all-time favorite drink from there, and my second favorite coffee drink overall: the Mission Mocha Thai, served hot.
  4. My husband, looking as if he had won the lottery after pushing his lame granola bowl to the side and eating what I couldn't finish of my Zen Breakfast (also at The Mission).
  5. I once read that nightstands just become reservoirs for cluttering/hoarding habits, and that's why we don't own any.  I also think that there is something romantic about a non-cluttered bedside and having a stack of books and a coffee mug on a hardwood floor.
  6. J always says that he can never pick out clothes for me, yet he never fails whenever he picks out anything leopard print. 
  7. More evidence of the Target phenomenon:  go in for apples and house essentials, come out with a gold Christmas tree.
  8. Celebrating being cancelled again - this time at Kitchen 4140 in Morena Blvd.  We got out of church and I said to J, "I know where to eat!  Do you trust me?" and navigated him all the way to farm-to-table, yet, delicious business park obscurity.

No comments:

Post a Comment